In response to the new set of specifications for the 12-gauge, semi-automatic combat shotgun issued by the U.S. Army Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center (ARDEC) for use by the U.S. armed forces, Benelli developed the M4 Super 90. This Benelli weapon was officially designated as the “M1014 Joint Service Combat Shotgun.” As a result, the M4 is today's most popular and battle-proven of all semi-automatic combat shotguns, widely used among many military and police forces throughout the world.
The M4, through rigorous testing, has proven itself fully functional and totally reliable in the toughest of environments; frequently exceeding the exact parameters imposed by the new set of specifications. It offers the ultimate experience not only in performance but in ease of maintenance, durability, operation and human engineering.
- Simplistic, rugged, intelligent design
- Utilizes Benelli’s patented auto-regulating and self-cleaning gas operating system, ARGO
- Designed to be tough and resistant
- Easy maintenance for lifetime reliability
- Bolt locking mechanism provides greater operator safety
- Barrel and choke are designed to resist great stress
- Specially designed pistol grip with three position stock enhances control and reduces recoil
- Interchangeable internal choke
The M4 has been universally praised as an effective and efficient weapon, and as a truly user-friendly tool, designed to perfectly match the needs of its user.